Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Memorial Weekend in Kansas

Last month, David and I headed home to Kansas for Memorial Weekend. He had a break from school and I took a couple of days off work so that we were able to enjoy a nice long weekend away. It was our last time going home before we have our little girl (crazy!). My sister, Carrie, and her family were there as well, which was a blast! I absolutely love spending time with family and it felt so nice to be home and relax.

The first day there we took the kids to the petting zoo near our house. It was so fun and these kids are just darling!



While we were there, Carrie, my mom, and my mother-in-law, Colleen threw me a wonderful baby shower. It was so incredibly nice of them and I had the best time! The night before, we all hung out and prepped some food and decorations for the next morning. We made homemade mini quiches, which turned out so delicious and also homemade Swig sugar cookies. If you're looking for the best sugar cookie in the world, there it is (plus we added some almond extract to both the dough and frosting because it's the greatest baking ingredient). I had so much fun hanging out with everyone.

We had a great turnout at the shower and it was so nice to see many people I hadn't seen in awhile! Unfortunately, we forgot to take any pictures during the shower, but we did get a few after when we were starting to clean up, ha!

Colleen, me, and my mom:

Colleen, me, my mom, London, and Carrie

This was all Carrie's idea to throw a shower and I'm so glad she did because it turned out great! She is the ultimate party planner though, so I knew it would be a success. I just loved that they were in town while we were!

We had a blast being home, hanging with our families, and eating a ton (including Jack Stack, KC Joe's - the best!, Cheesecake Factory, Jose Pepper's, and a bajillion Swig cookies and cupcakes). I definitely gained a few pounds by my next pregnancy check-up!

I also made my dad take a few pregnancy photos for us while we were there. We just snapped some in the backyard, which was so lush and green. I always forget how gorgeous Kansas is! My dad is awesome and I am so grateful he could take a few for us.



My favorite:

Thanks for the pictures, dad! And thank you to both of our family's for spoiling us while we were in town, we had the best time and can't wait to see you all again!





No comments:

Post a Comment