Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's A...


We are just thrilled that our baby is a girl! We didn't care either way, but now that I know it's a little girl, everything is starting to feel more real and we can't wait to meet her in July!

To be honest, I don't know what this is a picture of. She was stubborn and it was hard for the ultrasound technician to get great images, so this was one of the best we got. In all reality, I can hardly figure out what any ultrasound picture is of, but we definitely know it's a girl!

The following bits of rambling are just some boring pregnancy updates since this is my only way of journaling/remembering, so feel free to stop reading now.

Pregnancy has been pretty good so far. My first trimester wasn't too bad. I felt nauseous if I got hungry at all, so that was obnoxious and I had to keep snacks in my purse all the time. I never got grossed out by specific foods, but cereal ALWAYS sounded good so I ate a lot of that. I did throw up once, but it was because I ate McDonald's on a road trip...not because of baby. Is it sad that their fries still sound good?

Since being in my second trimester, I have felt better and don't get nauseous anymore when hungry. Wahoo! I feel almost back to normal, although I have been really tired. I have even worked out a few times, but I get tired quicker and have to take it easier than normal.

We had an appointment at 14 weeks where we heard the heartbeat and that was so neat! It was beating about 160 BPM, which was amazing and so fast. Her heart sounded like a little factory. 

Today, my birthday (yes, I scheduled that), we had our ultrasound (18 weeks) to find out the baby's gender and found out it was a girl! We were so happy and it was so neat seeing everything. She had the hiccups while we were doing it which was so funny. Her diaphragm would contract and it was really darling.

As of right now I have placenta previa, meaning the placenta is too low. They said usually it moves within the next few months, so hopefully that is the case! Baby girl is healthy and big! She is measuring about a week earlier, meaning she could be here sooner, but they will wait a couple more months to see if they need to change the due date. 

I really started showing in the last two weeks. That is exciting because I no longer just look heavy, but actually pregnant! 

About 14 weeks. My belly really came out at night after all the eating throughout the day, ha!

 Here I am going go church in my new maternity dress (thanks mom!). I am about 16 weeks:

17 weeks at the gym. I really felt like I 'popped' overnight!

And here is David with our cute nephew, Nixon:


 He is so so good with kids and will be such a good dad. I can't wait to see him with our daughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment