Thursday, March 26, 2015

24 Week Pregnancy Update

I'm 24 1/2 weeks! I can't believe I'm over halfway done with this pregnancy and that in just over 3 months our little girl will be with us! Our biggest update is that she is moving. A ton! I first felt her move at 20 weeks, which surprised me because my doctor said I may feel her later than most due to the anterior location of the placenta. It felt like a small twitch at first and would happen maybe once a day, but now a few weeks later I feel her moving and kicking many times throughout the day. I love feeling her move! It is also a huge comfort to me because it means she's still doing okay! David first felt her move at 21 weeks while we were at church. He's since felt her many times and it is so fun to see how excited he gets, he will be such a great dad! 

The other big change has been to my waste line! I finally look really pregnant and my belly is definitely getting big. It's fun to wear actual maternity clothes too that accentuate my stomach. 

I haven't had too many cravings or aversions to foods. I still like all the normal things, but eat them more being pregnant because I allow myself more splurges than I normally do. Like Mac and cheese. It's always been my favorite food but I usually don't eat it a ton since it's so unhealthy, but being pregnant I have been eating it all the time while the calories don't count ;) I have been buying lots of chocolate milk too, which I love. Basically, I eat like a kid! Ooh I almost forgot, I have been wanting a good turkey sandwich! I'll definitely be getting that after baby comes. 

I've gained about 10 pounds so far, and I'm sure I'll pack on many more in the coming months! They will have to do another ultrasound around 30 weeks to see if my placenta has moved. I have placenta previa and my doctor said there is a 50/50 chance I'll need a c-section. After the ultrasound they'll have a better idea of whether I will need one for sure. I have a great doctor so I am in good hands, and am fine with however our little girl comes, as long as she's okay! 

Last update: we bought a crib! It was one I loved and on sale so it was a great deal! We are in the process of planning out the nursery. We got paint samples the other day and are planning on painting it a light grey. The colors will be light and bright: light pink, light grey and white. Hopefully it turns out cute. I'll put up pictures once we have something to document, but for now here are some pictures of my bump:

20 weeks, 6 days (right before Mexico):

22 weeks: 


No comments:

Post a Comment